There was an error in this gadget

Friday, 15 March 2013

You don't need to rest you need to work harder!

Ahh the simple words of my spin instructor. If only it really was that simple! 

This week I pulled a muscle in one of my legs pretty badly that I found it hard to walk let alone run! And with so many essays going on at the moment and lots of work I found it hard not to get some piece of mind by going for my usual morning run! So instead I took to the spin class (Its ok as it is not impact exercise) 
Well, if I wasn't tired, sweaty, warn out before I can guarantee you 100 times over I was after.. You know that scene in 'Run Fat Boy Run' where he goes to a spin class and as he is about to leave he falls down the stairs like a tonne of bricks? I didn't but if I had seen that film and prepared myself for the worst I would have! I've done spin before but since running has taken over my life it was what I concentrated on the most! But I suppose no pain no gain!
Today though, was my first day back on the road after exactly a week after my muscle spasm and it was hard work. I managed a 5k which I am chuffed with as getting out the door was hard enough. But I forgot just how much I missed it! 
It was great fun and although the pain is still there, all I need to do was think of that spin class and I am back on the move again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment