There was an error in this gadget

Friday, 29 March 2013

It really is a Good Friday...

I had the chance to do a long run today so that is what I did! I got up early, started my warm up and tried to forget about the last time I did the route I would attempt today! (See last blog post) Although, I did a good half hour on Wednesday in the snow and up hill, I was slightly apprehensive as to how it would turn out. I was expecting a slow pace and hopefully to do a whole 10K..

I managed 9.9K! Stopped only a short walk away from my personal finish line but was chuffed to bits. It was hard, I have to painful, agonising blisters on the BOTTOM of my feet?! Which doesn;t help with the mountains of other skin issues I'm having at the moment. But. I am happy! I did the majority of what I wanted to do! I was so scared that I had lost my touch and in a time of 1 hr 12 mins I've managed to knock more than 20 mins off my first 10K! So I cannot complain! Everything is slowly falling into place!!

But I'm not just doing this for nothing! I'm running Race For Life in July and I could really use your help!
I have unfortunately seen way too many friends and family affected by cancer. And if all of you who read this just donate one pound you will be helping an enormous amount and I will be eternally grateful :) Follow the link below :) Thank you!

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/sallycross8


No comments:

Post a Comment